Monday, September 8, 2008

Not Invincible

So everyday on my way to work, there are MASSIVE posters in the Thompson Center which are pretty negative... in my eyes. The add is an anti drinking and driving one from Coors Beer, good idea, executed in a way which leads me to believe in some sort of hidden agenda. The add is an illustration of a close up of a male bust opening his shirt like superman, only there is just a plain white t shit underneath. In bold letters it reads "YOU ARE NOT INVINCIBLE" and then in a really small font in the corner it says something that is easily forgettable that has something to do with drinking and driving. Kinda sad thing to have thousands of people see while going to work. There is nothing like a giant 30ft or so poster reminding me I'm flawed, and everybody else around me is flawed. And there are a number of them around, I cant explain how nice it is to have my fragile self esteem kicked in the nuts before the day even begins.

On a second note, I'm almost 83% sure I make horrible first impressions on people I'd like to impress. I'm good at impressing people I couldn't care too much for. The past couple of days people who I'd like to share conversations with... individuals who at one point in I have met and exchanged numbers with to hang out bullshit... whatever... and when in the public, these people see me, and then hide their faces or move somewhere where they can pretend not to see me among the masses, some have made eye contact, and smiled then walked past me... this usually happens a lot. For the most part to try and save a bit of my dignity, I'll bury my eyes in my book, and pretend to ignore them back... maybe I'm a bit too sensitive lately. There must be something in the water. I'm suspicious...

No comments: